Free Playranger session:
Guildford borough Council’s (GBC) Free Playranger sessions have returned after the summer break. GBC describes them as “an exciting project which encourages children to play freely outdoors”. The free sessions that are to be held after school 3:30pm until 5:30pm on specific dates. The next session scheduled near Ash is at Coronation Gardens, GU12 5DN, on Tuesday 21 September. Please note that pre-registration is required.
The Playrangers staff are all qualified and experienced play workers who run play sessions based on using the natural environment as well as child-led play. The Playranger sessions run during term time, with full dates and information published on their GBC website.
They are a great way for children and young people to get outside, be active and make new friends. Sessions are aimed at 8 to 12-year-olds, however under 8s are welcome if accompanied by an adult.
Where and when
For Ash residents, the nearest Free Playranger session is Coronation Gardens on Tuesday 21 September. There are at five Playranger locations within Guildford Borough, where sessions will be held from Tuesday 14 September up until 20 October (half-term), details below;
- Chilworth – Friday 17th September (Hornhatch Green, GU4 8AX)
- Park Barn – Wednesday 15 & 29th September(Park Barn Drive, Guildford, GU2 8EU)
- Pirbright – Tuesday 14 & 28 September (Pirbright Village Green, GU24 0JE)
- Ash – Tuesday 21 September (Coronation Gardens, GU12 5DN)
- Bellfields – Wednesday 22 September (Bellfields Green, Bellfieds, GU1 1JT)
Please check the website before traveling to any of the Playrangers sessions: www.guildford.gov.uk/playrangers.
Fun ideas from the Playrangers
Build a den
Make a paper boat
Make a wall runner