Surrey County Council (SCC) are seeking a number of volunteers to help with planting days throughout the county. Trees donated by SCC to community groups will be planted over the next few weeks. One of the events is to be held at a local school, Ash Walsh Church of England Junior School, on Thursday 2nd February at 1.30 pm.
The organisers have created this Eventbrite link to make it easy for people to sign up:
Information from SCC about the tree planting
Tree planting season is well underway and SCC is delighted to be working with so many schools, charities, Parish Councils and community groups to support Surrey’s Climate Change Strategy and ambition to plant 1.2 million new trees by 2030 as part of the council’s Tree Strategy.
Please signup if you would like to support tree planting in Surrey – we will send further details about the specific location of the project after you have signed up. Individual volunteers, groups and team days are welcome!
There are several projects that need support across Surrey, so please select the date and ticket type for the project that you would like to sign up for. Please arrive for the stated start time, although the finish time may vary depending on how many volunteers sign up.
No previous tree-planting experience is necessary. Wrap up warm, bring a spade if you have one, and we hope to see you there!
- Tuesday 31st January 10:00 AM (Addlestone, Runnymede)Maximum 7 People
- Tuesday 31st January 1:00 PM (Virginia Water, Runnymede)Maximum 10 People
- Thursday 2nd February 1:30 PM (Ash, Guildford)Maximum 10 People
- Friday 3rd February 1: 30 PM (Reigate, Reigate & Banstead)Maximum 10 People
- Tuesday 7th February 10 AM (Dorking, Mole Valley) Maximum 10 people
- Wednesday 8th February 1:00 PM (Godstone, Tandridge)Maximum 10 People
- Thursday 9th February 1: 30 PM (Great Bookham, Mole Valley) Maximum 15 people
- Friday 10th February 10 AM (Cranleigh, Waverley) Maximum 15 people
If booking a group, please add the number of tickets for the number of your group so we know how many people are coming!
Please note – some of our locations may be on uneven ground. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any access requirements you would like to discuss.