South Western Railway (SWR) announced on 17th October 2022 that it will be introducing a new timetable from 11th December 2022. SWR state that this new timetable will largely be consistent with the current timetable, although with some optimisations where possible. The new timetable is available on their website https://www.southwesternrailway.com/plan-my-journey/timetables.
Matthew Evans (Senior Stakeholder and Public Affairs Manager)
The optimisation and improvement being done means that the timings of many services will change from the 11th December (for example departing a station slightly earlier or later than currently). We are carrying out a customer awareness campaign to make sure people are aware of the changes and would encourage everyone to check train times before travelling. The new timetable is now live and available in our journey planner as well as PDF timetables on our website.
South Western Railway announces new timetable in December
Monday 17th October 2022
- New timetable is more efficient and optimises services within current funding constraints
- Targeted changes improve spread of services, alter calling patterns and deliver faster journey times where possible
- Customers urged to check their journeys to make sure they are aware of new timings
South Western Railway is preparing to introduce a new timetable on 11 December 2022. The new timetable will provide sufficient capacity to cover current and forecast demand while making a series of changes to improve customer journeys.
From December, improvements will include:
- Improved distribution of services of fast services from London to Twickenham, Feltham, Staines
- Improved distribution of services from London to Portsmouth in the off-peak, giving faster journey times to London from Liss and Liphook
- London Waterloo to Portsmouth Harbour (via Eastleigh) services call at Farnborough and Fleet in the PM peak providing 3 trains per hour to these stations
- Restoration of 2 trains per hour at Farncombe including direct links to Clapham Junction
- Improved PM peak connections at Ash Vale onto services towards Camberley
Steve Tyler, Performance and Planning Director for South Western Railway, said:
“This new timetable will broadly maintain current service levels across our network, while delivering more consistent and efficient service for our customers, based on close scrutiny of current travel patterns.
“We are confident our service levels adequately meet current demand on the network but will continue to monitor changes in customer flows to adapt with agility where funding can be secured.”
Current demand for SWR services passengers continues to remain below the network’s available capacity. In the last 6 months, overall customer numbers have stabilised at around 69% of pre-pandemic levels, with peak travel at only 53%.
The new timetable starts on Sunday 11 December. Train times can now be viewed in journey planners at: www.southwesternrailway.com/plan-my-journey and will be published on our website at least four weeks prior to introduction.